Is it time to give your outdated kitchen plumbing fixtures a facelift? Whether you are updating your styles to a more modern decor or are replacing a worn sink or faucet, you need to hire a professional you can trust. Call 1 Day Rooter & Plumbing for services in Duarte, CA. We are locally owned!
Is your kitchen drain clogged? Contact us to schedule drain cleaning services in Los Angeles County.
Signs You Need a New Kitchen Sink
Is it time to replace your kitchen sink? Unless you want a new model or there is an obvious problem with it, it can be hard to determine when to replace it. Some signs you can watch for are:
- It’s outdated and no longer matches the style of your kitchen.
- It’s no longer a functional design for your home.
- It has limescale buildup that’s causing stains.
- It has cracks that are causing water damage.
- It’s leaking, which is wrecking your cabinets and counter.
How To Avoid Leaky Kitchen Faucets
If your kitchen faucet leaks, what might start as a slow trickle could quickly become a large leak that can cause major water damage. To avoid these potential issues, you can follow these steps:
- Schedule regular maintenance visits with an expert. They will be able to determine if you need to replace your unit before it malfunctions.
- Have a professional ensure that your water pressure is at the appropriate level.
- Purchase a water softener to prevent hard water buildup.
Do you need to install a new bathroom faucet or showerhead? Leave the work to the professionals. Call us for bathroom remodeling services in Duarte.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Tips
Is your garbage disposal making odd noises, or is water slow to drain through it? You can avoid these problems – and professional repairs – by following these tips:
- Avoid putting hard food items like corn husks and chicken bones down the disposal.
- Don’t put starchy foods, like potatoes, in the disposal.
- When using the system, run water into the disposal and keep it running for a few seconds after the disposal has been turned off.
- To keep the blades sharp, grind ice in the disposal once a week.
- Clean your disposal with baking soda, vinegar, and water.
- Freshen your disposal with lemons.