Remodeling your bathroom goes beyond choosing new mirrors and tile. It also involves some complex plumbing work. That’s why, when you remodel your bathroom, make sure to hire an expert plumber, in addition to your contractor. You need a plumber to troubleshoot potential issues and make sure new fixtures or systems are installed correctly. When you need bathroom remodeling services in Duarte, CA, call 1 Day Rooter & Plumbing. We offer same-day appointments.
Do you have a blockage in your toilet you cannot remove? Contact us to learn about our clogged toilet repair services.
Plumbing Issues You Might Encounter During a Bathroom Remodel
During a bathroom remodel, unexpected plumbing issues might arise that an expert will need to troubleshoot. Some common problems you might encounter are:
- Pipe rerouting: This may be needed if there are cracks, fractures, or obstructions to correct.
- Leaks: If a leak is detected, the plumber can determine the best course of action to repair it.
- Slope: The slope of your bathroom should be assessed when considering your remodel.
5 Reasons To Replace Your Toilet
Is replacing your toilet part of your bathroom remodeling project? You might want to consider adding it to your list if your unit is experiencing the following issues:
- Age: If your toilet is aging and you’ve experienced issues with it recently, it can be more cost-effective to replace it than to buy new parts.
- Cracks: Cracks can expand and cause water damage.
- Constant clogs: Frequent clogs can be due to an older design.
- Wear and tear: Visible scratches and signs of aging can make the unit look dirty or worn.
- High utility bills: Older toilets use more water than newer models, which can take a toll on your monthly water bills.
Do you have a foundation leak that needs to be repaired? Call us for slab leak repair services in Duarte.
Common Bathroom Remodeling Projects
When remodeling your bathroom, it’s easy to get overwhelmed when thinking about everything that needs to be replaced or upgraded. Here is a list of some common items you might want to include in your remodeling project:
- Shower: There are three common types of showers you can choose from, including electric, mixed, and thermostatic.
- Tub: You should consider replacing your tub if there are cracks, limescale stains, leaks, or if it no longer fits the look of your bathroom.
- Toilet: If your toilet is aging, has leaks or cracks, or is starting to malfunction you should replace it.
- Sink: If your sink is outdated, if it is stained, or if it has leaks or cracks, you should install a new unit.
- Faucets: You should install a new faucet if it is leaking, has limescale stains, or is showing other signs of wear and tear.
- Fixtures: If your plumbing fixtures no longer match the decor of your remodeled bathroom, you should replace them.