A leak in your piping system can result in major damage to your home. Whether it’s a large problem – like a burst pipe that’s flooding your home – or a small leak, you need professional services to limit the damage. Call 1 Day Rooter & Plumbing for burst pipe and water leak detection services in Duarte, CA. We offer emergency services.
Is there an issue with your water line? Contact us for water line services in Los Angeles County.
Problems Leaky Pipes Can Cause
Unrepaired leaks in your pipes can cause damage around your home and property. Some risks associated with these leaks can include:
- Flooding of your home and lawn.
- Severe property damage to both the inside and outside of your house.
- Health risks caused by mold, mildew, bacteria, or a broken sewer line.
- Damage to your pipes.
- Electrical shortages that pose risks to your entire household.
- Increase in water bills.
Water Line Leak Detection Techniques Professionals Use
When you have a leak in your piping system, you need a plumber to find the leak and repair it to protect your home from water damage. Some techniques professionals use include:
- Dig and drill: In this technique, experts dig into certain parts of your yard or even drill into your walls or your floor to find the source of the leak. Fortunately, this is usually only used as a last resort.
- Meter detection: Plumbers have a digital apparatus they can use to search for leaks. In this process, a water meter is added to one end of the external point to assess the water pressure and to detect if there is a leak present.
- Video camera inspection: Most professionals prefer to use infrared technology to detect leaks. This can involve using a camera that’s designed to take pictures and videos of a pipe at various angles to view any cracks or leaks. This allows them to get an accurate view of the leak, and it avoids having to dig up your yard.
If you suspect you have a gas leak at your property, you need help ASAP. Contact us for gas leak detection services in Duarte.
How To Avoid Burst Pipes
Burst pipes can quickly cause water damage to your property. Fortunately, you can prevent these by:
- Insulating the pipes during the winter months or use a heat wrap.
- When temperatures dip, running a trickle of cold water in your sink to promote a constant flow in the pipes.
- Calling a professional at the first signs of reduced water pressure.
- Looking for leaks inside your property.
- Having your pipes inspected by a professional.
- Having aging pipes replaced by an expert.
- Scheduling regular, professional drain cleaning services.