If you have a leak in your home’s foundation, it can lead to extensive water damage throughout your home and property. To limit the damage, it’s important to have the leak inspected and repaired by a professional as soon as possible. Call 1 Day Rooter & Plumbing for slab leak repairs in Duarte, CA. We offer same-day services to repair the leak as soon as possible.
If you suspect you have a leak, schedule professional services quickly. Contact us for burst pipe water leak detection services.
What Is a Slab Leak?
While you might be familiar with a leaky pipe or a dripping faucet, it’s crucial to also be aware of potential slab leaks. These leaks happen below the foundation of your home and can go unnoticed for a long period of time. The longer they go undetected and unrepaired, the more damage they can cause.
These leaks can damage your house and your property – and even your plumbing system. A leak can also cause health issues if mold or mildew forms. Protect your family’s health by having any leaks identified and repaired as soon as possible.
Signs You Have a Slab Leak
It’s crucial to identify a slab leak as soon as possible to prevent extensive water damage to your house. Some symptoms to watch for include:
- Your monthly water bills increase without a change in your usage.
- You hear the sound of running water in your home when you don’t have any faucets turned on.
- You feel cold or hot spots on your foundation.
- You see cracks in the base of the walls or the foundation or notice other visible signs of damage.
Act fast when your main water line needs repairs. Contact us to schedule water line services.
How Professionals Repair Slab Leaks
Slab leaks need to be repaired by professionals to prevent massive damage and ensure the repair is performed correctly. These experts may perform the following tasks:
- Inspect the leak and find its exact location by using advanced home foundation leak detection methods.
- Open the slab and repair the leak at the exact spot of the issue.
- Determine if the plumbing needs to be replaced or rerouted. This is especially important if you have older pipes.
- Apply an epoxy pipe covering to repair any small cracks in the system. This is placed inside the pipes and can help you avoid a costly reconstruction.