It’s essential to act quickly when you need a water heater repaired, a leaky pipe fixed, or a clogged pipe cleaned. Letting plumbing problems go can lead to severe water damage. When you need services at your Duarte, CA home, call 1 Day Rooter & Plumbing for same-day appointments.
Why do your Duarte neighbors call us for plumbing repairs? Read our testimonials to find out.
Proudly Serving Duarte and Los Angeles County
We proudly provide plumbing services to the following areas:
- Baldwin Park
- West Covina
- Los Angeles
- Monterey Park
- Pico Rivera
- San Gabriel
- San Marino
- Temple City
Common Water Heater Problems
Don’t get stuck without hot water in your house. Watch for these common water heater issues and schedule professional repairs as soon as possible:
- Absence of hot water: One of the most obvious – and inconvenient — issues with your unit is when it stops producing hot water. If you own a gas-powered unit, it can be due to an extinguished pilot light that needs to be relit. It can also be due to a damaged heating element.
- Leaking: If your unit is leaking, you should have it inspected by a professional to determine if it can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
- Odd noises: Loud or odd noises coming from your system can signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment.
- Cracks: Any cracks in the unit should be inspected by a professional to determine if they can be repaired.
What Causes Burst Pipes?
When a pipe bursts at your home, it can lead to massive water damage – quickly! These bursts can be caused by several factors, including:
- Freezing temperatures: Low temps can cause the water inside pipes to freeze and then expand.
- Major clogs: These can cause water pressure to build up and cause pipes to break.
- Aging pipes: Older pipes will corrode, crack, then eventually burst.
- Tree roots: Nearby tree roots can infiltrate your pipes and cause damage.
- Shift: A shift in the earth can wreck pipes.
- Construction: A major construction project can cause damage to pipes.
Want to learn more about the complete plumbing services we offer to the Los Angeles County area? Contact us to find out.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Do you need to hire a professional to clean your drains? Some symptoms that can indicate you need to schedule repairs can include:
- Slow drains: These can indicate a variety of problems, including the early stages of a clog, pipes that have been narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or even improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If you need to clean out hair and other substances from your drain frequently, you might not be removing the entire clog. It can be time to call in an expert!
- Multiple drains that are clogged at one time: Several clogged drains can indicate a severe blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odor: Bad odors coming from your drains can signal food that’s trapped in your drain or issues with your sewer line.
- Flooding: One of the worst problems associated with clogged drains is a sewage backup. If there is flooding in your basement or near a floor drain, it can indicate a clog and it may just be a matter of time before the drain stops working completely and you end up with contaminated water all over your floor.