When you need routine plumbing services like drain cleanings and water heater tune-ups, or more serious plumbing issues like burst pipe repairs, you need to schedule services with a professional as soon as possible. Call the local company you can trust – 1 Day Rooter & Plumbing. We offer same-day services by trustworthy technicians.
Read our testimonials to learn why you need our expert technicians to repair your plumbing problems.
We proudly provide complete plumbing services to the West Covina area, including:
- Repiping services
- Hydro jetting services
- Drain cleaning services
- Clogged toilet repairs
- Water line services
- Slab leak repairs
- Gas leak detection services
- Water heater services
- Tankless water heater services
- Sewer Line Repair and Replacement
- Trenchless Pipe Replacement
What To Do When Your Water Line Malfunctions
When there’s an issue with your main water line, it’s essential to take the right steps to accurately fix the problem and avoid major water damage. Some steps you should take include:
- Call a professional. If you suspect you have an issue, call an expert as soon as possible to make the repairs. It’s important to not try to fix these problems yourself.
- Know the signs for a full replacement. It can be difficult to determine if you need to replace your system or if you need repairs. Some signs that can indicate you need a new unit installed can include the age of your home and if you’ve had frequent plumbing issues.
- Be safe. Call 8-1-1 before any work is done on your water line to ensure there are no dangers near the pipes or electrical or gas lines before professionals perform any digging.
Common Water Heater Issues
It’s never ideal, but occasionally you might need to schedule repairs on your water heater to keep it working correctly. Some common problems you might notice with your system include:
- Lack of hot water: One of the most noticeable issues with your system is a lack of hot water. For gas-powered units, this can be caused by an extinguished pilot light that needs to be relit. It could also indicate a damaged heating element.
- Leaking: An expert should inspect the leak to determine if it can be repaired or if the unit should be replaced.
- Excessive noise: Loud or unusual noises can signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment inside the unit that needs to be professionally removed.
- Cracks: Cracks should be inspected by a professional to see if they can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
Contact us to schedule residential plumbing repairs in West Covina.
Ways To Avoid Clogged Pipes
Dealing with a clogged pipe is never ideal, especially if it puts your house at risk for water damage, or leaves your family showering in standing water. Instead, follow these steps to avoid getting blockages in your system:
- Don’t put food scraps down the drain. Even if you have a garbage disposal, first scrape food into the trash.
- Never put grease down the drain. First, pour it into a container to cool, and then throw it in the trash.
- Install a screen over the shower and bathtub drains to collect hair.
- Only flush sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular professional drain cleanings.