A problem with your sewer line can lead to severe damage to your property. If you suspect there is an issue with your line, make sure to have it inspected as soon as possible to detect a problem. A sewer video inspection allows a professional to find a problem non-invasively, without digging up your yard. To schedule services in Duarte, CA, call 1 Day Rooter & Plumbing. We guarantee to arrive on time.
If there’s an issue with your line, call us for sewer line repairs in Duarte.
What Is a Sewer Video Inspection?
When you suspect there’s an issue in your sewer line, you might be encouraged to schedule sewer camera inspections. During these services, a technician will insert a special, waterproof camera into your plumbing system and record a video of the entire line. This will display any defects in the line that need to be repaired, and it lets the professional see exactly where the problem is located. This avoids requiring professionals to dig up large sections of your yard to find the defect.
When To Schedule Sewer Camera Inspections
There are certain situations where you can benefit from sewer camera inspections. These can include:
- There is a tree root invading your piping system. Over time, root buildups can cause cracks and blockages in your lines.
- You are scheduling a large remodeling project. You should have the piping system inspected to ensure it can handle the work — including increased flow and waste if you are redoing your bathroom or kitchen.
- You are buying a new home. Standard house inspections might not check your sewer line, so this is a convenient way to ensure the piping system is in good working order before you buy the house.
- You experience frequent sewer or drain backups, slow drains, or clogs.
Is your toilet backed up? Call us for clogged toilet repair services in Duarte.
Benefits of Sewer Video Inspections
Sewer video inspections can offer many benefits to your household and your plumbing system. Some of the top advantages can include:
- Accurately locate a leak: This method can find the exact location of a leak or crack in your pipes. This eliminates any guesswork later as the professional is trying to locate the problem.
- Avoid unnecessarily digging up your yard: Using the camera to detect if there is an issue and where it is located can prevent having large sections of your yard dug up while trying to locate the issue.
- Check the condition of your pipes: The camera can check the condition of your pipes to determine if there are signs of corrosion or wear and tear. This is especially useful if your system is older.
- Video to submit to insurance: The video can be used if you need to submit an insurance claim.