Does your household have a shower schedule to avoid running out of hot water? You can avoid this by installing a tankless water heater. These energy-efficient systems provide hot water on-demand. When you’re ready to install a tankless unit or you need your existing system repaired, call 1 Day Rooter & Plumbing. We offer same-day services to Duarte, CA.
Are you looking for a new, traditional water heater? Contact us to learn about our water heater services.
Advantages of Installing a Tankless Water Heater
When choosing between a traditional water heater or a tankless unit, there are pros and cons you need to weigh to determine which is best for your household. Some benefits the tankless, on-demand units provide include:
- They only heat the exact amount of water needed. This can reduce your monthly utility bills.
- They require less maintenance than traditional units.
- They pose fewer risks of contaminated water since the water isn’t sitting in a tank until it’s used.
- They take up less space than traditional models since there isn’t a storage tank.
How Long Do Tankless Water Heaters Last?
When you purchase a tankless water heater, there is no guarantee as to how long your system will last. However, the experts do provide some guidelines to estimate the life expectancy of the units. Depending on the make and model, these systems can last between 10 to 20 years — or longer. This timeline can be affected by how well the system is maintained, how often it is used, and the quality of water it is heating.
When you suspect there’s a gas leak on your property, schedule gas leak detection services with a professional as soon as possible.
On-demand Water Heaters: What To Know
Tankless water heaters function differently from traditional water heaters, so it’s important to be aware of these key details when you purchase a system:
- Cost: The initial cost of the system may be more expensive than a traditional unit. However, you will save on energy costs with this system, and soon the savings can outweigh the initial price.
- Installation: During installation, extensive piping, proper venting, and electrical expertise are required. Because of this, you should only trust an experienced professional to perform the work.
- Buildup: Corrosion and mineral buildup may occur if the unit is not flushed every six months.
- Overload: Product overload can occur if the heater was improperly sized for its usage.