Tankless Water Heaters: What You Need to Know
As homeowners look for ways to make their homes more eco-friendly, switching to a tankless water heater is one easy way to reduce their environmental impact. These innovative systems provide hot water on demand without needing a storage tank that constantly heats water, making them more energy-efficient and space-saving. In this article, learn everything one needs to know about tankless water heaters, from how they work to the benefits of switching to one.
Signs of a Failing Water Heater
Over time, water heaters can break down and become less efficient, leading to higher energy bills and potential water damage. Some common signs that it may be time to replace an old water heater include the following:
- Age: If the water heater is more than 10-15 years old, it may be time for a replacement
- Rust or corrosion: Visible signs of rust or corrosion on the water heater tank can indicate a leak or damage that may require replacement
- Strange noises: Popping or rumbling noises coming from the water heater can indicate a buildup of sediment, which can reduce efficiency and cause damage over time
- Inconsistent water temperature: If the water is not consistently hot, it may be a sign that the water heater needs to be fixed
If one notices these signs, it may be time to consider a new, more energy-efficient water heater.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
Unlike traditional water heaters that store hot water in a tank, tankless water heaters heat water as it passes through the unit, providing hot water on demand. When a hot water tap is turned on, cold water enters the unit and is heated by gas or electricity as it passes through a heat exchanger. This allows for a constant hot water supply without needing a storage tank. Some of the features of tankless water heaters include the following:
- Energy efficiency: By eliminating the need to constantly heat a large storage tank of water, tankless water heaters can be up to 30% more energy-efficient than traditional water heaters
- Space-saving: Tankless water heaters are smaller and more compact than traditional water heaters, freeing up valuable storage space in a home
- Longer lifespan: Tankless water heaters can last up to 20 years, compared to traditional water heaters’ 10-15 year lifespan
Benefits of Switching to a Tankless Water Heater
A tankless water heater provides several benefits, making it a popular choice for homeowners who want to reduce their environmental impact and save money. One of the main benefits is energy efficiency.
Tankless water heaters only heat water when needed, saving up to 30% on energy bills compared to traditional water heaters. Additionally, they have a longer lifespan and take up less space, making them a convenient and long-term solution for many households.
About 1 Day Rooter & Plumbing
1 Day Rooter & Plumbing is a leading provider of plumbing services in Duarte, CA. With over 20 years of experience, their team of licensed and certified plumbers is dedicated to providing high-quality service and excellent customer satisfaction. They specialize in various plumbing services, from routine maintenance to emergency repairs, and use the latest technology and equipment to ensure their work is done efficiently and effectively. Call them today for tankless water heater service in Duarte and the surrounding areas.
Distribution Links +